You are a local student if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
Why Choose ISI?
The Ideal Candidate
For more information, to schedule an appointment or to visit the school, contact our Admission Counsellor:
Request information about our programs.
Applicants must at least hold a high school diploma (or equivalent) and have successfully completed their strong mathematics (436, 536 or scientific maths).
In some cases, an interview and/or a mathematics test, with a member of the admission team, will be mandatory upon admission (see procedure).
For the IT Project Management Program, applicants must hold an ACS, a DEC, a Bachelor degree (with more than 40 credits) or equivalent. Applicants must also have a significant experience in the informatics field on the job market.
If your primary language is not English, you must demonstrate English language proficiency in one of the following ways:
- You must provide high school or post-secondary transcripts to demonstrate you studied in English at least three (3) whole years.
- You must hold a valid assessment test and meet our grades requirements (see table below).
|Valid assessment tests||Test score|
|IELTS – International English Language Testing System||6 overall or more|
|TOEFL – test of English as a Foreign Language||75 overall or more|
|CAEL – Canadian Academic English Language Assessment||60 overall or more|
|PTE – Pearson Test of English||60 overall or more|
Due to the acutely situation, ISI is accepting the Duolingo English Test. A score of 110 or higher is required to meet our English language proficiency requirement. The test results are valid for two years from test date.
1. Choose your program
2. Provide the following documents
- Program and semester ;
- The reason you chose ISI and this program for your studies;
- What studies did you complete? Precise the field, last level completed (High School, DEP, CEGEP, University, etc.);
- Have you ever studied informatics before? If so, please explain why you want to continue studying informatics at our school;
- If you never studied informatics and studied in another
*Email your documents at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them with you when you meet with our admission counsellor.
3. Meet our advisor
In order to schedule an admission interview, you must make an appointment with our Admission Counsellor:
*Please, note we give the opportunities for applicants to be a one-day student in one of our classes to see our teaching techniques and to speak with actual students and teachers.
4. Candidate’s file analyze for admission
The admission file analyze takes between 2 and 3 weeks. The decision will be email to the candidate, so check your email frequently.
5. Complete your admission
Pay the admission fees as instructed in the admission email.
6. Beginning of semester
You will receive an email a month before your first day of class with an invitation to our orientation day (different then the first day of class) where you’ll receive: your schedule, student ID card, laptop and other material. You will also meet with the teachers and directors for a welcome speech.